The objective of this policy is to provide a code of conduct in relation to the use of information on individuals, which may be collected, stored, and used by the Spoon Media Pty Ltd (here referred to as "Spoon Media"). Personal Information shall be protected. This Policy, aligns with the ten National Privacy Principles as scheduled in the Privacy Amendment Act (Act No. 155 of 2000) - www.privacy.gov.au
- Collection of Personal Information
- Spoon Media shall not collect personal information on any individual, unless that information is necessary to perform our normal business functions and activities.
- Spoon Media shall collect information only by lawful and unobtrusive means.
- Any individual from whom personal information is collected, shall at the time of collection, be made aware that the information is available to them and be provided with contact details to gain access to their personal information
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- Spoon Media shall not use or disclose personal information for any other purpose than the primary purpose for which it was collected unless specific consent is given for such use.
- Data Quality
- Spoon Media shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information held is accurate and up-to-date.
- Data Security and Disposal
- Spoon Media shall protect any personal information from misuse and unauthorised access.
- Spoon Media shall take all steps to destroy any personal information no longer required for the purpose it was originally collected.
- Spoon Media shall outline in this policy document, or other documents as required, our clearly expressed policy and procedures on the collection, storage and use of personal information.
- On request from an individual, Spoon Media shall take all reasonable steps to generally inform that person what sort of personal information Spoon Media holds, and for what purpose the information may be used or disclosed.
- Access and Correction of Information
- Spoon Media shall take all reasonable steps to provide access from individuals to their personal information on request so as to allow for requested changes to be made to that information if the information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Spoon Media shall not adopt any identifiers used by a commonwealth agency (eg. tax file numbers, ABN's, license numbers) for an individual.
- Spoon Media shall adopt its own identifier for individuals unless the individual has opted to not be identified.
Note: Identifier is defined as a number assigned to an individual by an organization. It is not an individual's name or ABN as defined in the new tax system.
- Spoon Media shall ensure individuals the option to interact anonymously.
- Transborder flow of data
- Any personal information shall only be transferred to foreign countries in circumstances where and the information will have appropriate privacy protection.
- Sensitive information
- Sensitive information shall not be collected without the consent of the individual.
Note: Sensitive information is information about an individual's racial or ethnic origin, political beliefs, membership to political parties, union or professional associations, sexual preferences, health matters or criminal record.